NEW Winter Session added for 2018!
Join us for our winter festival
- WHO: Maine Brewers and Guest Breweries in support of the Maine Brewers’ Guild
- WHAT: The second biggest and best brewfest in Maine will be held at Thompson’s Point in Brick South for an amazing afternoon..
- WHEN: Saturday, January 13th, 2018, 12-5PM
- WHERE: Brick South Building, Thompson’s Pt, Portland, ME
- WHY: To promote the Maine craft beer community, celebrate our incredible offering of Maine-brewed beer, and raise funds for the Guild. Plus, we know how to create the best festivals: From world-class beer from world-class breweries, to live music, plus plenty of space at the venue to spread out, a variety of delicious food from local food trucks, this will be the biggest and best brewfest in Maine. Winter Session is one of two of Maine’s premier craft beer events. Virtually every brewery in Maine will be there.
TICKETS ON SALE SOON:
All tickets include unlimited beer samples from all breweries, souvenir taster glass, access to beer school classes, live music. Food available for purchase from a variety of food vendors
What makes our festivals so awesome? We’re glad you asked…
- BEST BEER IN MAINE – Maine’s best brewers will be showcasing their wares from all across the state and we’ll have more Maine breweries pouring than any festival all year.
- FOOD VENDORS – They will be there and ready to serve you, from the beginning to the end – so bring an appetite!
- SUPPORTS YOUR LOCAL CRAFT BEER COMMUNITY – Proceeds from our brewfest benefit the Maine Brewers’ Guild in their work to promote and protect craft beer. (We’re the people who changed the laws so brewers could pour their own beer at these festivals!) This is one of our biggest events of the year and the primary fundraiser for our nonprofit. Drink beer in support of beer!
- TIME TO CATCH YOUR BREATH – Although we’ll have to stop serving beer at 5PM, you’ll be welcome to hang out till around 6PM, grab a bite to eat from one of the food vendors, and relax surrounded by thousands of your closest friends.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT – We’re working to figure out ways to get you to and from the festival safely. And if you’re coming from Boston, the bus or trains heading into Portland will drop you right to the festival site. (The event is right behind the Amtrak and Concord Coach station). We’ll also coordinate in-town Portland pick ups via public transport.
VIP tickets are extremely limited and include 1 hour early access to unlimited samples of specially brewed beers from over 40 breweries. In keeping with the name of our fest, we’ve asked breweries who are pouring at the VIP session to bring session beers. All VIP ticketholders will have early and first access to the brewfest general session. Full list of breweries pouring during the VIP session will be available soon.
Maine isn’t known as vacationland for nothing, we suggest you book your accommodations ASAP as rates will only go up and rooms fill up quickly for this summer weekend! We are holding a room block at the hotel which is right next to the venue – the Clarion Hotel in Portland. Rooms are $79/ night+ tax and reservations can be made by calling the hotel directly at 207-774-5611. This is the ‘Winter Session/ Maine Brewers’ Guild room block’.
We encourage you to take public transportation wherever possible. The venue DOES charge a fee for parking – $5/ car, so between that and the safety aspect, it’d be a win-win to hop on the bus, ride your bike, or grab a cab over! We’ve laid out some options below to get you started…
- Uber – via app
- Lyft – via app
- 207 Taxi – (207) 774-2255
- Green Cab – (207) 879-2424
Public Bus Routes:
- Available from Congress St./ East End/ St. John: see
Best Driving Route:
Fore St, Portland Maine to Thompson’s Point
- Head northeast on Fore St toward Dana St
- Turn right onto Dana St
- Turn right at the 2nd cross street onto Commercial ST
- Continue onto Fore River Pkwy
- Turn left onto Thompsons Point
- Continue straight around the back of the Amtrak and bus station out to the end of the peninsula.
If you’re coming from Boston:
- Take the Amtrak train! The train station is adjacent to the festival venue. You leave from North Station and arrive at the venue.
- Take the bus! Concord Coach Lines offers consistent and comfortable service between South Station and the Portland Transportation Ctr., which is next to the venue. There is a bus that leaves South Station at 10AM on August 1st, arrives in Portland at 11:55AM. There are buses departing Portland at 6PM and 7:30PM.
OR, follow these basic driving directions
- Merge onto I-93 N
- Take exit 37A to merge onto I-95 N toward Peabody
- Keep right at the fork to stay on I-95 N, follow signs for Portsmouth NH
- Keep right at the fork to continue on I-295 N, follow signs for S Portland/Downtown Portland
- Take exit 5 for ME-22 E
- Keep right, follow signs for Maine 22/Congress Street and merge onto Fore River Pkwy
- Merge onto Fore River Pkwy
- Turn left at lights onto Thompsons Point
- Stay straight and go across train tracks to the end of the peninsula.
Q: Will this event be held in inclement winter weather?
A: Snow can’t stop Mainers! All beer will be poured in the Brick South Building. It’s possible that the Portland Police Department could close down the event or suspend the event temporarily if there is extreme inclement weather or a declared emergency situation.
Q:Can I bring my dog/ cat/ pet rabbit?
A: No, we are not able to allow pets into the event.
Can I bring my toddler/ baby in a stroller/ baby swaddled in a golden fleece diaper?
A: No, this is a strictly 21+ event, and we will not allow access to anyone under 21.
Q: I bought an extra ticket for my friend, but now they can’t come. Can I get a refund?
A: No, We do a lot to plan the amount of beer/ concessions/ port-a-johns/ budget for the event based on attendee numbers, so all ticket sales are final.
Q: I am going with a friend who has a Designated Driver ticket and I have a VIP pass. Will they be able to use their DD ticket to enter at the same time as me?
A: Yes. DD ticketholders, which are not allowed to consume any alcohol, can enter during the VIP session.
Q: Will brewers be selling their beer at this event? Can I get my growler filled?
A: No, brewers will not be selling their beer at this event, and growlers may not be filled at the event.
Q: I am a homebrewer. Can I pour my beer at this event?
A: No, only federally licensed breweries are able to pour their beer at this event.