The Maine Brewers’ Guild hosts a number of events throughout the year. This page will feature information on events that are open to the public.
Click on the event link below for more information.
Maine Brewers’ Guild Exclusive Events & Happenings
- Saturday, June 24, 2017: Iceland Brew Festival featuring the Maine Beer Box: Maine Brewers are going GLOBAL! The Maine Beer Box, a custom shipping container with more than 50 beer taps, will be shipped to Reykjavik, Iceland in June. Filled with kegs from breweries across the state of Maine, it will arrive for a Beer Festival in Iceland on June 24th! The container will then be filled with Icelandic beer and shipped back to Maine for the Summer Session Craft beer Festival. Join us in Iceland in June or Portland in July to be a part of the international branding of Maine beer.
- Saturday, July 29, 2017: Summer Session: The Maine Brewers’ Guild Summer Beer Festival. Maine’s biggest beer festival of the year.
- Saturday, November 4th, 2017: Winter Session: The Maine Brewers’ Guild adds its second beer festival of the year to kick off Portland Beer Week. Buy your ticket bundle for both Summer and Winter Sessions below.
- Sunday, November 5th, 2017: Freshmen Orientation: The Maine Brewers’ Guild invites you to get oriented at our fourth annual Freshmen Orientation – showcasing the newest breweries in the state and giving you the chance to spend quality ‘class’ time with every brewer. Let the bragging rights begin – by the end of the event you’ll have tasted beer and met the people behind Maine’s newest breweries.
September 2017 – April 2018: Beer School Events: Ever wanted to learn the secrets of beer from the pros? Join us for beer school events at breweries throughout the state from September 2017 to April 2018. These smaller events guarantee more
interaction and a hands on experience.
Supporting Partner Events:
- Saturday, May 20th, 2017: Black Fly Brewfest 2017: The Greater Houlton Chamber of Commerce proudly presents the 2nd annual Black Fly Brewfest! Over 30 Maine breweries bringing over 100 Maine beers to Northern Maine’s Premier Beer Festival! Over a dozen wines as well as ciders and other tasty beverages will also be available for unlimited samples! It all takes place Saturday, May 20th at the John A Millar Civic Center in Houlton, Maine. VIP session begins at 12 PM, while the General Admission runs from 1:30-5 PM.
- Saturday, July 1st, 2017: Craft Brew Races: Join us on July 1 as the Craft Brew Races return to Portland! Featuring dozens of local breweries, this craft beer hotspot is a highlight of the season. The Craft Brew Race consists of a relaxed 5k (walkers welcome)around beautiful Back Cove followed by a beer festival with upwards of 40 craft breweries, all set in picture-perfect Payson Park.
- October 14 – 15, 2017: Maine Craft Weekend (MCW), a statewide tour of Maine craft studios, breweries and businesses, is an opportunity for the public to explore the life and work of craft artists and craft brewers in Maine. MCW is a public, educational, community oriented, family friendly weekend.
- November 5th -11th, 2017: Portland Beer Week: Collection of events celebrating the vibrant beer culture in downtown Portland and throughout the surrounding areas. From the brewer to the bar to pint glass, we invite all beer enthusiasts to join the Maine craft beer industry and local businesses as we partake in various events taking place in Portland, Maine and surrounding areas. Organized by industry participants to enhance beer knowledge and appreciation.