Want to visit Maine breweries? Looking for info on the best breweries to visit in Maine? Planning your trip and want to see which breweries are nearby? Here’s a couple key resources to help you find the best beer Maine has to offer:
Maine Beer Trail: A passport listing breweries in the state, broken down by region, and info on whether or not they have a tasting room, offer tours, and serve food. This is your guide to Maine breweries. Print it out and visit breweries, have them sign and date the trail, and mail it in to be rewarded. 10 breweries visited = a hat, 20 breweries visited = t-shirt, all Maine breweries = Prize Pack. Click link FMI.
Map of Maine Breweries: this is the most up to date version, and includes breweries that have opened up since our last version of the Beer Trail printing. Click the link for a google map of all the breweries in the state, and find the brewery closest to you!
Maine Brewery Tasting Room Spreadsheet: This is the comprehensive list of all the tasting rooms in the state and their hours, as of Summer 2017. Created by local author and bonafide beer geek, Josh Christie.
We’re hosting a few fun events this fall/winter, and also want to let craft beer fans know about some other happenings around the state – keep an eye on the Guild Facebook page and this website for more info!
- October 15-21 – Greater Bangor Beer Week: Series of events around town throughout the week, hosted and organized by the Greater Bangor Convention and Visitors Bureau. FMI: https://www.facebook.com/events/110616182954237/
- November 4th – Winter Session Beer Festival at Thompson’s Pt in Portland. 12-4. More info/ tickets on sale in early September. This is our version of our summer beer festival, to take place indoors – 1,000+ tickets.
- November 5th-11th – Portland Beer Week: Series of events around town throughout the week, hosted and organized by local bar/ restaurant owners, brewers, and friends of the craft beer industry. FMI: https://www.facebook.com/PortlandBeerWeek/
- November 6th – Pro-Am Competition – A ticketed event at Salvage BBQ offering attendees the chance to try beers created by pairing local homebrewers and professional brewers. Featuring Portland-based breweries. Organized by the Mashing Maineiacs Homebrew Club, benefitting the Maine Brewers’ Guild. 100+ tickets
- November (exact date TBD) – 4th Annual ‘Freshmen Orientation’ – small format event featuring all of Maine’s newest brewers in a round-robin style format. Tickets and more info to come out in early September. Very limited tickets, about 150 tickets. FMI: http://mainebrewersguild.org/events-2/freshmen-orientation/